Search This Blog

Laidbare DIY Two-In-One Cleanser and Toner


After nearly two scary months of using ProActiv Solution. I decided that chemicals were not the way to go. Using things that were made for harsh acne was not meant to go on the skin of a person who suffers from occasional breakouts.  I’m not entirely sure about the science behind why or how ProActiv caused my acne. All I do know is that it didn’t work like it promised. I needed to sort my skin out immediately because it was just embarrassing. Especially to have your photo taken with bumps sticking out of your face. It was wildly uncomfortable.

My mother fed me some words of wisdom. She said ‘stop putting chemicals on your face and use organic things now’. So that is exactly what I did. I thought about the best place I can get one from which will be quick. The most reliable place was, is and always will be Holland and Barrett. So until I chose one and wait for delivery, I used ‘Clearasil’ and ‘Garnier Pure 3-1’  so that I could have a head start on the healing process. The Laidbare DIY Two-In-One Cleanser and Toner caught my eye on the Holland and Barrett website because it was linked to acne and it was the most affordable. I ordered it right away.

After receiving it in the post (which was late). I tried it out instantly. It read that it was good for removing waterproof eye make up and it being free from all these chemicals. These were the benefits listed:
1. No Petrochemicals
2. No Sulphates
3. No Parabens
4. No synthetic fragrances
5. No TEA
6. No Dea
7. No Glychols
8. No animal testing.


A
I am not going to go on about all the stuff that may be irrelevant to you. Who cares what brazil nut extract is and Apple secrets. All you want to know is, does it work? It does. Try it out. video with more information on the product can be found below. It enlists the ingredients and the benefits of the ingredients as well as other information.

Another reason why i decided to go organic was because of the videos that i watched by David the Skin King and he would talk about how all these chemicals affect your body internally and how all the acne would come back after not you stop using it. Buying something that didn't exfoliate was a huge deal for me otherwise I would feel like my face isn’t clean after wash. But the surprising thing is that it is a great face wash. It is a foaming face wash.

I was only comfortable using it when i noticed that my skin was actually healing. I didn’t want to start using it knowing that all the spots would come back, because with organic products, you don’t get the fastest results.

In order to exfoliate my skin, I would wet my skin, massage the cleanser into my skin and the use my facial exfoliating brush (which is an attachment that came with my derma seta) and go over my face with it a few times a week. The results weren’t amazing but my skin did feel cleaner and fresher. Not using an individual toner was something that I was never really used to so it was ideal. It even smells nice. It does exactly what it says. It is great for removing eye makeup and impurities from the skin. It will never be as good as an actual toner to be honest.

This is a product I will use again in the future. I will wait till my skin has completely healed though.
To Buy: as a general face wash
Not To Buy: for any kind of acne

And don’t forget one thing. Don’t underestimate the benefits of the coconut. 

Here are the ingredients: 
 
AQUA (WATER), COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE (COCONUT), SODIUM COCO-SULFATE (COCONUT), ALOE BARBADENSIS (ALOE VERA) LEAF JUICE, DECYL GLUCOSIDE (COCONUT), COCO – GLUCOSIDE (COCONUT), SODIUM LAURYL GLUCOSE CARBOXYLATE, LAURYL GLUCOSIDE (COCONUT), DEHYDROACETIC ACID, BENZYL ALCOHOL (NATURALLY DERIVED PRESERVATIVE), SUCROSE LAURATE, ALCOHOL (COCONUT), GLYCERIN (COCONUT), SODIUM CHLORIDE (SEA SALT), CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL OIL, CITRUS AURANTIFOLIA (LIME) OIL, GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA ROOT EXTRACT, PUMICA GRANATUM (POMEGRANATE) SEED EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS (GREEN TEA) LEAF EXTRACT, BERTHOLLETIA EXCELSA (BRAZIL NUT) SEED EXTRACT, PURUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL (VITAMIN E), CITRIC ACID (CITRUS FRUITS), POTASSIUM SORBATE (NATURALLY DERIVED PRESERVATIVE), SODIUM BENZOATE (NATURALLY DERIVED PRESERVATIVE), CITRAL (ESSENTIAL OILS), LINOMENE (ESSENTIAL OILS).

Info Video
Review Video

No comments:

Post a Comment